Kamryn Henderson

Kamryn Henderson
Kamryn Henderson

Designer: Kamryn Henderson

Hometown: Kernersville, NC

Email: knhende2@ncsu.edu

Collection Title: V O L R E E

Bio:

Kamryn Henderson is a senior at the Wilson College of Textiles. She is majoring in Fashion and Textile Management with a concentration in Fashion development and product management. She has been accepted into the accelerated masters program and upon graduating will continue straight into graduate school where she will pursue a masters.

Collection Description:

After my grandma passed away last year, I knew that I wanted to make my collection in honor of her. She was an incredible, beautiful person who spent the last 15 years of her life raising me and blessing my life with exceptional opportunities. The concept of a bridal collection really stood out to me because my grandma had made her own wedding dress in the 60s, and I thought that it would be a meaningful way to recreate something she had once done in my own style.

The style of my collection could be described as sleek modern-contemporary, straying from the traditionally big, heavily adorned gowns that have dominated the bridal industry. Each dress has several pearls throughout, symbolizing wisdom and perfection, and meant to represent my grandma in the collection. Overall, it all comes together under the name V O L R E E, my grandma’s extremely unique and beautiful first name.

Volree Richardson Johnston
January 20, 1949 – May 24, 2019