Hannah Wilkinson

Hannah Wilkinson
Hannah Wilkinson

Designer: Hannah Wilkinson
Hometown: Charlotte, NC
Email: hnwilkin@ncsu.edu
Collection Title: Inspirit Insomniac

Bio

I was born on December 25th, 1994 and grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am a Senior at NC State University, majoring in Fashion and Textile Management with a concentration in Fashion Development and Product Management. I fell in love with fashion since before I can remember. I have always been drawn to creative measures and showing my personality through clothing. I got the incredible opportunity to study abroad during the summer of 2015 in Florence, Italy, where I studied Fashion Illustration and was able to attend Pitti Uomo for Men’s Fashion Week. I visited five countries during my short time in Europe, exploring Italy, Spain, England, France and Switzerland. In the spring I designed graphics and apparel prints for an ethical fashion company called Symbology. This past summer I had the amazing chance to intern in women’s knitwear design for Aeropostale in New York City. I learned a lot about the industry and design during my time in the city. I was able to assist in designing knitwear for spring, summer and fall 2017. Through my major and experience, I have learned both the design side and the business side of the industry. I hope to pursue a career in apparel design or product development.

Collection

Something in the darkness pulled me deeper, something in the madness eased my mind. Was I awake or was I dreaming? Cut the strings that bind me to mankind.” My collection is about a free spirited, introverted girl who thrives in the night. She is a creative who feels she has to escape modern technology and search for a new meaning in the depths of her dreams. She embraces darkness as a scenery of blurred reality, dressed in embroidered sheer voile, delicate velvet and natural dyed silk.  The nocturne design is intended to show her innocent sexuality and edgy boldness as an almost sleepwalking fairytale.