Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from the Wilson College of Textiles at NC State! There are lots of things to do prior to the big day. To ensure a smooth transition to the next exciting phase of your life, follow the Wilson College of Textiles Graduation Checklist and review information about the NC State and the Wilson College of Textiles ceremonies.
Wilson College of Textiles Graduation Information
Find answers to the most common graduation questions
We want to ensure that you and your families have an amazing day celebrating your accomplishments, so read over the instructions carefully.
- The college’s commencement ceremony will take place on May 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
- The location for the ceremony is Memorial Auditorium at Duke Energy Center, 2 East South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Directions and Parking Information for Memorial Auditorium
- Students will need to arrive at Memorial Auditorium no later than 1:15 p.m. wearing their cap and gown
- Once you arrive at the venue, Student Ambassadors will guide all seniors to the Rehearsal Hall, and Master’s and PhD’s to the back stage area, to prepare for the processional
- Doctoral candidates should make sure their faculty member has their hood prior to the beginning of the ceremony
- Your guests may enter the facility beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- Immediately following the ceremony, all graduates will proceed to the front lobby of Memorial Auditorium for a group photo. Our graduating class will fill the entire lobby, so we will ask that all guests stay seated for a moment to allow for the group photo.
- Tickets for your guests will be required and each graduate may have up to 6 guest tickets
- Tickets will distributed in the Center for Academic, Career and Student Services until May 1
- The college’s commencement ceremony will feature a Student Speaker. If you are interested in speaking to your graduating class during the ceremony we encourage you to complete the Speaker Application form. We will be accepting applications until April 26, 2019
- Graduates cannot bring personal items to the graduation ceremony due to a lack of storage space. In the event that a graduate must bring personal items, they must make arrangements in advance with a family member or friend to hold on to their items during the graduation ceremony.