Recent Awards and Honors
- Syamal Tallury was awarded the 2011 Excellence in Polymer Graduate Research from the Polymer Division of the American Chemical Society
- Mir Quddus was recently awarded a patent for his work at Whirlpool Corporation (July 2010).
- Ashwin Krishnaswamy was awarded the “Best Poster Award” from the Wilson College of Textiles Industrial Open House (April 2010).
- Syamal Tallury was awarded the “Best Poster Award” from the Society of Plastics Engineers Polymer Nanocomposites Workshop (March 2010).
- Dr. Pasquinelli has been selected as an NC State Outstanding Teacher for 2009-2010 and is now part of the Academy of Outstanding Teachers.
- SS Tallury and MA Pasquinelli, ” Molecular dynamics simulations of stiff backbone polymers interacting with single-walled carbon nanotubes”, J. Phys. Chem. B 114(29): 9349–9355 (2010). DOI:10.1021/jp101191j
- SS Tallury and MA Pasquinelli, “Molecular dynamics simulations of flexible polymer chains wrapping single-walled carbon nanotubes”, J. Phys. Chem. B114(12): 4122–4129 (2010). DOI:10.1021/jp908001d
- SA Thakur, SS Tallury, MA Pasquinelli, and TM Rhyne, “Visualization of the Molecular Dynamics of Polymers and Carbon Nanotubes,” in Advances in Visual Computing pp. 129-139, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg (2009). DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-10520-3_12
- 9 March 2010: SS Tallury, JM Majikes, and MA Pasquinelli, “Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Polymer-based Nanocomposites,” Society of Plastics Engineers Polymer Nanocomposites Workshop, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA.
- 17 March 2010: SA Thakur, SS Tallury, and MA Pasquinelli, “Visual-Analytics Tools for Analyzing Polymer Conformational Dynamics,” American Physical Society National Meeting, Portland, OR. Abstract
- 17 March 2010: SS Tallury and MA Pasquinelli, “A Systematic Study of Noncovalent Interactions Between Polymers and Carbon Nanotubes via Molecular Dynamics Simulations,” American Physical Society National Meeting, Portland, OR. Abstract
- 24 March 2010: SS Tallury and MA Pasquinelli, “Effect of aliphatic segment length on nylon-SWCNT interactions via molecular dynamics simulations,” American Chemical Society National Meeting, San Francisco, CA. Abstract
- 24 March 2010: MA Quddus, OJ Rojas and MA Pasquinelli, “Effect of cellulose surface orientation on contaminant adhesion studied by molecular dynamics simulations,” American Chemical Society National Meeting, San Francisco, CA. Abstract
- July 2009: Presentation at the International Conference on Engineering and Technological Innovation: MA Pasquinelli and SS Tallury, “Molecular Simulations of the Interfacial Characteristics of Polymer Nanocomposites”
- June 2009: Syamal Tallury has successfully defended his thesis. He received an M.S. in Textile Engineering.
- May 2009: The new lab space is ready! It has been repainted and all the equipment installed. Thanks to Syamal and Nilesh Ingle (from Dr. King’s lab) for help in painting the walls!