Long Finishing Mills, Inc., formerly Wilson Finishing Co., incorporated October 1, 1929.
Original Founding Board of Trustees:
W.A. Sellers – owner, Sellers Hosiery Mills, Inc., Burlington
Rufus D. Wilson – President
R.H. Whitehead – owner Whitehead Hosiery Co., Burlington
W.M. Brown – owner, Brown’s Hosiery Mills, Inc.
On October 6, 1938, the name was changed to Long Finishing Mills, Inc.
E.M. Long – President
W.W. Sellers – Vice President
Nathan A. Long, Secretary – Treasurer and General Manager
Long was purchased by Tower Hosiery Mills, Inc. in 1970, and the name changed to Tower Mills, Inc.- Finishing Division. James W. Maynard, President. An office addition was built in 1970 and the building was air conditioned over the years. Production and shipping areas were added when Tower Hosiery Mills, Inc. was liquidated in 2004. The finishing plant contained 110, 000 sq. ft.
Long Finishing, Burlington, NC, April 2009
Photos: Gary N. Mock
Source: James W. Maynard, Personal Interview, April 2009