The North Carolina Railroad sweeps in from the upper left corner heading west toward Greensboro.
Peter and Lafayette Holt and George Anthony built this mill close to the railroad. The street with cars parked at curbside is East Webb Avenue. Soon thereafter, The mill was sold to L. Banks Holt and renamed Oneida Mill. The mill flourished and was expanded. Still later, the mill was renamed Aurora, purchased by John Shoffner and became the Finishing Division of Standard Hosiery.
Finishing Division of Standard Hosiery – Cars along Webb Ave., Burlington 1947. Later Kayser-Roth
Source: State of North Carolina Archives